If you love to shop or if you do grocery shopping for your household, there are ways you can save your money and make this as a profitable activity. Many sites and apps reward gives you cashback for shopping and buying groceries, but Shopkick, one of the top rewards apps, lets you earn gift cards with or without spending a dime. You can earn points by entering a participating store or scanning an item without purchasing it. However, if you buy any of those items, you can earn even more points by scanning your receipt afterward.
In addition to earning points with and without spending money, there are other ways to earn points.
This Shopkick review will cover the app’s pros and cons and explain how it works. While Shopkick won’t replace your day job, it can help you earn points toward gift cards every month, even if you don’t buy anything. Let’s get started-
What Is Shopkick?
Shopkick is an app you can download onto your smartphone to earn rewards points and gift cards from participating retailers. The unique aspect of Shopkick is that you can pick up these rewards without spending any money. All you need to do is walk into a store and scan products. You don’t even need to purchase anything.
In other words, Shopkick is a rewards program that works with most online merchants. Founded in 2009, Shopkick has given away more than $85 million worth of gift cards and rewards.
How Does Shopkick Work?
The process of starting Shopkick is straightforward. You earn points (called “kicks”) by checking in at certain locations. As soon as you open the app and turn on-location services, nearby stores that offer kicks will be displayed. By simply walking into the store, you will get kicks.
Shopkick doesn’t just award kicks when you check out. You can also get points for the following things:
- Walk-in: Walking into an eligible store will earn you points. Open the Shopkick app, choose the store, then click Check-in to earn.
- Scan items: You can earn kicks while shopping by scanning eligible items. You must allow the Shopkick app to access your mobile device’s camera. To make kicks, scan the barcode of the item with your camera.
- Scan receipts: By purchasing eligible items, you can earn kicks. Select the items from the product list, then use the mobile device’s camera to take a picture of your receipt.
- Link a card: Purchasing at some stores can earn you kicks when you link a credit card or debit card to your Shopkick account. Linked cards can be managed from the settings menu. You must choose the credit option if you wish to use a debit card.
- Shop online: Several online retailers are available under the Online tab. Open the account and click on a retailer, then make your purchases. Your purchase must be made through the Shopkick app to earn kicks.
- Watch videos: While using the Shopkick app, you’ll have the option of watching advertisements. These Ads typically range from 15 to 30 seconds in length.
You can redeem your kicks for popular brands’ gift cards once you’ve earned enough points. To redeem your rewards, click on your kicks total in the top right corner of the app.
How Many Partners Does Shopkick Have?
They claim to have over 250,000 brand partners in retail locations around the country. It is difficult to pinpoint an exact number as Shopkick’s partners constantly rotate. Best Buy, Target, Kroger, TJ Maxx, Macy’s, and Crate & Barrel are some of the brands they have either worked with in the past or are currently working with. Thus, no matter where you are, you will likely find a participating retailer.
Shopkick’s list of brand partners has only grown since 2009 and continues to expand. Grocery stores are perhaps Shopkick’s most useful partners. You’ll receive extra rewards when scanning coupons and barcodes at Shopkick grocery partners.
What Kind of Rewards Can I Get with Shopkick?
Gift cards and promotional coupons make up the majority of Shopkick rewards. There are, for example, gift cards that can be obtained from Best Buy, Amazon, American Eagle, eBay, GameStop, and several other popular retailers.
In addition, you can also receive promotional offers from brand partners. Shopkick brands may offer special discounts and deals from time to time. You might find a store temporarily offering 15% off all store purchases if you pay with Shopkick.
Shopkick is the perfect app for you if you enjoy collecting gift cards.
How Do I Redeem Kicks for Rewards?
You can browse reward options from the app’s main menu. You can redeem kicks by clicking on the reward you want and clicking “Redeem Kicks” at the bottom of the screen. Whenever you have the app on and participate in reward behavior, the app keeps track of how many kicks you have.
Gift cards and other rewards will also be stored in the app. Gift cards can be scanned from your phone, so you don’t have to worry about physical cards. And that is all there is to it!
How Does Shopkick Make Money?
Please note that Shopkick is a 100% free service for everyone. You do not have to subscribe or link any payment methods to the app (although you can link a payment method for more kicks).
I am sure some are wondering then how Shopkick does make money.
The company charges vendors for its services. Apps like Shopkick are great for businesses to promote their products and brands. It’s almost like a marketing service for businesses. The app incentivizes traffic and purchases from its partners by working with them and providing attractive rewards.
Essentially, users don’t have to pay any money to use Shopkick, but they get all the rewards benefits. You don’t even need to buy anything to accumulate reward points.
Read our another article Drop App review 2022: Is It Legit And Worth It ?
Pros And Cons Of The Shopkick App
- It is 100% free to register for the app.
- You can earn rewards such as gift cards legitimately.
- They’re fun to use while shopping.
- You also get information about store sales.
- Earning points or “kicks” is easy.
- A wide selection of rewards is available.
- The app is easy to use.
- After reading the guide below, the app is easy to use.
- Accumulating points can take a long time.
- Not every store offers points (though there are a lot).
- The only thing you can earn is gift cards.
- There are lots of permissions required when you download the app. You need access to your identity, contacts, location, SMS, phone, media, camera, and microphone.
Is Shopkick legit?
Yes, Shopkick is a legit company and is not a scam in any shape or form. No one will steal your money, and you won’t be bombarded with relentless pop-ups and spam. The app does not require you to enter any payment information, so if you are uncomfortable linking a debit card, you can still earn rewards without doing so.
The Apple Store and Google Play Store both have thousands of extremely positive reviews for Shopkick. Shopkick is worth your time and effort if there are any indications.
Who is Shopkick Best For?
Shopkick is best for individuals who want rewards for online and in-store shopping activities such as walking into stores, scanning items, making in-app or in-store purchases, and submitting receipts.
The Shopkick app may be a good option for bored shoppers who want to earn a little money at stores they already frequent. Although you won’t make much money with Shopkick, it’s money you wouldn’t have made otherwise. If you already use similar shopping rewards apps, adding Shopkick to your collection could provide you with an opportunity to earn even more rewards. This may not be your best option if you’re looking for just one shopping rewards app to earn money from your purchases.
Shopkick Review FAQ
What kind of app is Shopkick?
The Shopkick app rewards you for shopping at partner stores, scanning specific products, and making purchases.
Can I earn points without spending money on Shopkick?
You can earn gift cards fast with Shopkick if you make purchases through the app, but there are several ways to earn points without doing anything.
How do I find out which stores provide points for walking in?
The Shopkick app will notify you when you are near a store that rewards visits and how many points you will receive.